So… I am new to cats, always preferred dogs. However, due to some cosmic irony, I now live with a cat. Or, a cat allows me to live with him.
Since then I have realised a handful of interesting things that happen when there is a cat in the house, most of those things are endearing. Some are not, namely:
- He’s mean, there are a lot of feet attacks, bites and scratches. Oh, he must love us…
- Everything that is on top of shelves, cabinets, cupboards, etc., gets thrown to the ground. Decoration is a no-no. And so are glasses left unattended (empty or full, doesn’t matter). And frames, flower arrangements, candles, you name it.
- He also enjoys climbing my closet up until the highest shelf, so that no one can reach him, and push all the boxes down to make space for his fat ass.
- Make no mistake, all boxes are his to play, especially big ones. We absolutely cannot throw them away when he’s watching.
- Guests (whoever they are) are not welcome. He goes bananas.
- Around 2am is play time, he loves sprinting around the house when everyone is sleeping.
- There are times when he gets so excited with the litter in his box that the poop comes flying out of it. (It is extremely hard to keep the bathroom clean.)
- Duvets, blankets, pillows, coats and scarves are hunted and humped vigorously. E-ve-ry day.
- He’s always trying to escape. I absolutely cannot understand why, he doesn’t even like to be outside.
- Sometimes he ‘disappears’, we look for him like crazy only to find him sitting on top of the fridge laughing at us, dumb humans.
- He’s always begging for our food, whatever it is, he has to taste it. (Mostly, he just ends up stealing a piece.)
- The (artificial) Christmas tree is losing its (artificial) lower branches. He enjoys eating the ‘leaves’. I doubt it will survive until Christmas… (I meant the tree.)