Happy New Year, Internet!
I bet most of you are writing down your own super ambitious lists of resolutions for 2017 genuinely believing you’ll stick to them. Yeah, me too! So here are ten of my own goals for this new year (I put some great thought into these (like 20min)):
- Get in shape = more exercise and more water. I guess everyone has this one on their lists.
- Travel to new places. So far I have Paris and a couple of cities in Japan in mind. Maybe Singapore, if my paper gets accepted for that conference. (*fingers crossed*)
- Stop procrastinating and make some good progress with my PhD, really get into it. Also a famous resolution: stop being a lazy ass.
- Spoil my parents and the rest of the family whenever I have the chance.
- Keep in touch with friends back home.
- Meet new people in Spain AND improve my Spanish, because come on, it’s about time.
- Read more. Not only for the PhD, but for fun! (Have you heard about Unbound? Such a great idea.)
- Try new things and go on original dates/trips with the guy who lives with me. This means: Do skydiving for the first time! Yes, this will happen; Try dance classes. Why not?; Spend a long weekend at a winter cottage by the fireplace with no internet.; and more!
- Get better at household chores such as cooking, ironing, doing the dishes, programming the roomba to clean…
- And finally, keep working on this blog even if I am my only follower.